Tuesday, June 23, 2009

this weekend was the begining to a beautiful everything! The Photo Diary

And by weekend, I mean Friday-Monday.
OH BOY.
So! We'll go through this day-to-day in a picture-diary style, yes? Yes.
(All Next Level Shit Fest! Photos from Ali Lipman)

Friday:
That afternoon I went to see my original high school class graduate. It was incredibly odd to see all these people I've grown up with my entirety in education graduate after I've already left for college.
I saw tons and tons of parents I've known since I was in kindergarten, and teachers who came to see their old students from Jr. high school graduate. Including my Pre-Algebra teacher, Mr. Rollins, who, if there were a Santa Claus, it would be him. I swear it. He moved to fucking Nova Sco-shititstoocold-afor retirement. He's wonderful.
I went with my extremely dear friend Lucas' family. Which was also super wonderful. It was amazing to see him again. :)

After graduation, I went to my best friend from high school, Omeed's, graduation party. Which was stellar beyond the skies. I hung out with him, his family, and his girlfriend Emma for hours, and her and I were the very last to leave. It was super fun.















They had me put on his cap and gown, which, is extremely funny considering I did that last year with my friend Liz's at her school at their graduation.














Saturday:
7:00AM- Tyler comes from Berlin to pick me up for our lovely adventure of the day; Next Level Shit Fest! in Brattleboro, Vermont. :) We drove off to the other side of the state, and then waited for Ms. Ali and Shaun to show up at Tyler's house. Ali and Tyler (That Really Awesome Guy with a Guitar, aka, TRAGWAG) recorded a few songs while Shaun and I laughed hysterically at their hilarious ways with one another. We both decided if they just recorded their recording sessions, and sold it with their CD, sales would rocket. :) it was hilarious for all the ages.
After this we went off to the farmer's market while Tyler played with his friends some Irish music, which was lovely :) Shaun bought some fresh bread for $3, and I bought a pint of strawberries for $5. :)

We then left for Brattleboro, Vermont! Took a super stellar two hour drive, and found our way there. We showed up to the church, while a gentlemen on a bike with a cart and a planet Earth flag sped by yelling to meet him at the town green.
I gave my strawberries away to a nice man in a parking lot, and we made our way to the town green. There we were welcomed by our friend Pat the Bunny (Wingnut Dishwasher's Union) and was given an orientation guide. It looked like this!:


We made peanut butter sandwiches and layed in the grass, played zombie tag, and enjoyed other wonderful things.
The fest was less of a festival and more like my school's last day of classes, the SMFA Blowout! Which involved tons of games, activities, painting, music, dancing and all over merriment.

The Blowout! had a parade for New Orleans, (NOLA) from a bunch of free food for everyone to the school, and then Next Level Shit Fest! had a parade to a place where a ton of free, healthy, delicious food was being served to everyone from the park!

We saw Sunflower Spectacle, Douglas Bourget, Rebecca, Rob, Nicky Burger and Sugar Ray played in the park, followed by an open "mic" with a performance from the one and only TRAGWAG (Broken Records) and then closed the evening with AWESOME performances from Compression Fraction, Pre-School (ex-Michael Jordan Touchdown Pass) Heathers, Ghost Mice, Endless Mike ad the Beagle Club, and Wingnut Dishwashers Union People's Liberation Orchestra!
I forgot how amazing Heathers was. I haven't been able to stop listening to their album since Tyler and I got it. You'll see.

So we packed our things and headed home. Failed attempts at sleeping in the back of a car with a very tall boy and a very awkwardly sitting, leaning, laying, me were forever hilarious.
I am the most awkward person on the planet, let me tell you!
Ali's little red car had it's birthday at 200,000 miles! She had me take a picture, so here we go:

Happy Birthday Little Red Car!!

We got to a place to sleep, slept, and had a wonderful day!

It was something like 2am probably.

Sunday!
Sometime in the morning!: Ali had already left, and then I was off with Tyler, his brother, and father for a Father's day breakfast. I had called my lovely dad and Peepop (grandfather) and sent them my love and blessings.

Then ran away to Tyler's got ready for his show and had an overall great time, we listened to Heathers' album all day.(I told you) The show was super stellar; Atlas the Atom Smasher (Tyler and my dear friend Aaron Hibbert's band with other wonderful people) Paranoia Dance Party (who apparently knew people I lived with and other related friends) Slow Fuse Burning and Alton Bay. The Best of the Worst (played at the GreenLight Festival last August) was scheduled to play, but their drummer was in the hospital. I hope he's doing better, my prayers are with him. He's a super amazing person, it was awesome to work with him last year.

The show was so good. Fresh honeydew melon was enjoyed with ice cream and the company of lovely folk.
The night ended, and we all went to sleep.

I had a really lovely sleep :)

Monday!
9am: Woke up, but didn't want to get out of bed. Ever. I could have stayed forever.
12pm: "woke up" to a tuba. It was awesome. :D I enjoy Tyler's brothers super so much.
Actually got out of bed that time.

Listened to Heathers all day, hung around with Tyler and then got driven home.
Got my lease signed by my awesome new room mate, Kristen and went home.
It was a good day :)
12:AM


And today, well, I've written this post, called Mr. Malcolm Tent, went meowmeowmeow with the cat box, and I'll leave you on one last note:

I'm listening to Heathers.

Enlighten me pleeeeeease.
(Oh! Perfect timing to real life!)


-CM!

No comments: